Salvatori attends the CILT Transport & Logistics Safety Forum
Salvatori attends the CILT Transport & Logistics Safety Forum Conference 2023.
It was a fabulous setting on Tues 14th November for the CILT Transport & Logistics Safety Forum Conference. Just 2 days after Remembrance Sunday at the National Memorial Arboretum, the location could not have been more fitting for the 10th Annual conference. Mark Poole, Salvatori’s Health & Safety manager attended the event, as an ex-military serviceman, the location & topic of safety was very poignant.
The great highlight of the day was the surprise attendance of Her Royal Highness, The Princess Royal. The Princess Royal took to the podium to acknowledge the industry and the improvements taking place within safety throughout the sector. Her Royal Highness also toured the various stands at the event prior to her speech.
Glen Davies, Transport & Logistics Safety Forum Chair said: “This year we are delighted to welcome CILT patron Her Royal Highness, The Princess Royal to this 10th anniversary conference.
Over the past decade we have helped tackle some of the most topical and sensitive issues that face our industry today.”
Throughout the day speakers took to the stage covering many topics related to safety within logistics & the workplace, including:
- Technology Safety, particularly the rise of AI
- Drivers Hours changes post Brexit and the need to regulate the rise in van drivers post pandemic
- Drivers Mental Health Issues
Mark Poole, Our Salvatori Health & Safety Manager plus Chartered CILT Member, has these key takeaways from the event.
- We need to embrace technology in a way that ensures we use it to its full potential specifically as a tool to help manage safety within logistics & haulage fleet
- With the statistics showing that a vast majority of male suicides are van and truck drivers we need to be more mindful when dealing with employees, be more understanding, monitor behaviours, show more empathy, and respect. The key message was “be a good mate”.
- Health issues are also a big factor, we all know that the stereotype of an unhealthy trucker. Logistics companies need to do more to promote a healthier lifestyle among its driver workforce.
Salvatori takes health & safety seriously, we are lucky to have such a dedicated colleague like Mark within our ranks. Always keeping us aware of our own obligations in keeping ourselves safe, our colleagues & for keeping the topic at the forefront of decision making & operations.
If you have any questions about Health & Safety at Salvatori, Mark can be contacted directly via Mark.email@example.com